Thursday, May 15, 2008


Ok, if you look down a couple of posts, you'll see the cover for this mini-album that I made for my nan. It was approx 12 pages, front and back, and took me two days (not sure why it's called a 12 minute album! ha!) Anyways...here was page 1. This was a family picture taken about 3 years ago (as I was preggo with my DS at the time, thats me on the left with the belly! And my husband in the red sweater.) Anyways, where do I start with this page...I wanted a background that basically said Family. So...I got on my computer and wrote out anything I could think of in relations...ie, cousins, aunt, grandfather, sister, etc. In no particular order (so I made sure aunt and uncle were not together, type thing). then I used a different font for each title and printed it onto the paper. Well...my printer has a nasty little habit of taking the paper in on an angle...but I felt like Tricia for this one...lol instead of starting a new page, I used it with the words printed on the angle, and I think it turned out beautifully. I prefer this to the straight-on affect I was going for. So I inked the endges in matching brown ink, and added pink paper, and brown and pink flowers to accent the pic. The flowers came from a store in my moms town called the Crop Shop, and they were sold in little bags, so I'm not sure what the name of them is, but they are little thicker-than-tissue-paper flowers. So cute. The brads are puffy material with brown and pink stripes, and they were bought at Dollarama (my new fav store). I think it came together nicely, especially since theres a lot of pink and brown in the pic. I love looking at pics like this...although only 3 years ago, our clan has increased by 3, and soon four. My sister, brother and cousins are so grown now, she's taller than me now, and three years ago, she was the little girl in pink standing next to me!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: