Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What a great evening!! Tonight we had a nice little Canada Day BBQ at our house, and after we were in the backyard playing Bocce ball and letting the kids tire themselves out! So after everyone left, my DH and I sat on the front porch and watched random neighbours fireworks and reminisced about old times. It was really nice. Once we were done all that, I decided to make a few cards, since I'll be out of commision for a while after Thursday the 10th (baby's arrival date, via c-section)...so I thought a few cards stored for just-incase times would be a good idea. I tried out a few new things tonight. For one thing, I made all three of the cards in 6x3 size, which I had never tried before. This one above is my favorite, the other two were mostly just me playing around. I really like what happened on this one, though. The circles were new stamps that mom bought on her visit in here last weekend, and they are Gel-a-Tins. (she took half and loaned me half of them, they are too cute). I stamped them, forgot to emboss them, (but thats ok, it still looks good) and then I coloured some of them in with a white crayon. By sponging ink from the ink pad onto a new kitchen sponge, I could apply the colour more evenly and softer, and it made this very cool affect, which we learned this past weekend. We saw this done on another card, but I'm not sure who did it. The one I saw was made with flowers, but I like the circle affect too. The Happy and Birthday stamps are Studio G. I think it turned out kinda cool. Hope you enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: