Monday, July 28, 2008

Birthday Boy!


Darren's cousin is home from Alberta with his fiance and his little boy. Since they're home for a few weeks, they decided to have their sons birthday here at McDonald's, this thursday. So of course, today I had to force myself to put together a card...(hehe...force myself...no doubt!).
Here's what I came up with...I think it's adorable! I saw a card sort of similar to this a few weeks back on a blog that I visit, but I subscribe to a load of blogs, so I have no idea which one it was! I don't remember exactly what the card looked like, either, just that it was a beachy scene.
For mine, I made the sand from cork board that I had, and layered it twice. The edges were shaded with watercolour lead. The water was just blue paper, and I used liquid emboss to make waves and added blue and silver microbeads and sparkle embossing powder. The grass is just scrap paper cut with scissors, and the 'bath mat' is a piece of woven hemp I had lying around. The monkey is a Cuttlebug die, but I replaced the branch in his hand with this cute shovel. The shovel, bucket, 'sun in the sun', starfish and shell all came from a stamp set that I bought 2 years ago, and I don't know the name of the set. The sun is Studio G. Oh, and I cut out a piece of purple striped paper and made trunks for the monkey...hehe too cute. What could me more fun than making a card for a child? For an idea for a little boys card, see one of my previous posts for Chase's birthday. He loved his card. When he opened it, everyone was talking about how I made it, and one woman at the party says "wow, thats crazy". Chase looked at the card, and said "yeah...that IS Crazy"...lol so cute! He's only 3! Thanks for stopping by, I'll have another post soon, as it's my in-laws anniversary on wednesday!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: