Friday, July 4, 2008


I created this card this morning, because I have a sweet little boy who's turning 3 in a couple of weeks. Of course, with the new baby coming in the next 6 days (at the most) I'll have very little time afterwards to spend this kind of time on a card. I wanted my son to see how special he is to us, by making him an extra special card. I love how this turned out. I think it really captures what Chase is all about. It's sweet and carefree, and fun and it has his favorite things in it. I can't wait to see his reaction!! Let me explain what I did here. The truck and the tractor are stamps that I bought a few years ago at a dollar store, and never ever used them, because they aren't really nice stamps, they leave spots unstamped I find. Well, I forced them to work!! The tractor I wanted to make a little bigger, so I stamped it, scanned it into my computer, fixed it up a little around the edges and printed off four of them, so that I could paper piece it. The Truck was fine at the normal size, so I used my juiciest pigment, and stamped it 6 times, and embossed them in black powder. This was to avoid the ink smearing when I added the watercolour. It's hard to see here, but I used watercolour leads on both vehicles to add a bit of dimension, and I think the brassy mini brads really added to them too. So cute! So I wanted to make a big sand-pit area, and I found, in my drawer of scraps, a piece of corkboard, also purchased a few years ago at a Dollar Store and never used! What luck! I cut them into hills, and then took my brown watercolour lead to give them dimension as well. I layered this into three layers, which is wat makes the card SO thick! The sky was just some blue textured paper, aquired from mom, (something here had to be aquired from mom, eh!? lol) and I inked the edges with a blue inkpad that's usually quite useless, except for doing paper edging. The cloud is a little piece of batting, attached with glue lines. The Happy Birthday was a stamp from the Dollar Store (not sure the company) and added on with two brassy brads. The papers are all randoms that I had left-overs of, so this card was a mish mash of things that I have not used, or forgotten about. I could NOT be happier with the result, and I think my precious little man, who's growing up WAY too fast, will agree. :)
Happy Scrapping, and happy 4th to those of you in the USA. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: