Thursday, April 24, 2008


Remember a few posts ago, I posted a baby shower card? Well...in usual Amie style, I came up with a new idea and decided to save the other card for another occasion. (This is why I NEVER sign the inside of my cards until I'm headed out the door to give them out!) I recently bought a Cuttlebug die set with these four animals, and finally got good use from the little cuties. Each was done in at least two steps...let me tell you what I did. The monkey was made from a dark beige shade, and then shadowed with my brown inkpad. The face was cut from a lighter beige paper and also shaded before being added to the front. The eyes were a different paper behind, as they are cut out. The lion was the most work. The whole thing was done in the same paper as the monkey's body, but I then used an orangish shade flocking powder to make it fuzzy. The body, face, and ears are fuzzy textured. The mane was cut from a patterned brown paper and shaded around the edges. The giraffe is shaded with the brown too, and it's tail, ears and back hair are all made fuzzy textured with yellow flocking powder. The elephant was the easiest, made simply from silver shiny paper, and the eyes and ears are pink because of the paper I added behind the cut out parts. The water waves were made with kaleidoscope embossing powder, so it shines like water when you move it. The clouds are white embossing powder, and the edges are done with a purple ink pad. The card I think turned out real cute. To take the religious look off of it a little (as it wasn't intended to be religious, really), inside the inscription reads "Hoping your new baby brings you Boatloads of Love". I enjoyed making this card, as the idea was developing in my head for a few weeks, and it finally came to life. Hope you enjoy!
And thats it for now...haven't had a lot of time for card making/scrapbooking lately. As soon as I do more, I'll surely post pics! Have a good weekend!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Theresa said...

luv your cards they are adorable

M. P. Fuller said...

I really really love your card it is way way too cute. You do great work.

Amie said...

Thanks so much! I really enjoy it, so getting feedback on it is really great! Thanks for visiting!