Thursday, March 13, 2008

Think Pink!

My Uncle is getting married soon, so I wanted to make a special card for him and his bride-to-be. The problem is, I didn't know his wedding colours. So, I decided on pink! The shiny stuff on the left is Christmas flocking stuff that I bought at a season clearance at a drugstore! It glues on nicely with a 3D look and feel and a pink sheen. The Tux and Dress are stamps by Studio G that I got at Michael's in the cheap bin. The wedding dress is embossed with a sparkle embossing powder. The scalloped frame has an edge embossed with sparkle embossing powder, little holes in it around the edge for extra detail, and it's all filled in with liquid embossing powder. I like the look of the hanging picture. This idea came from Judy Wantanabe when she did a card a few weeks ago on www.tvweekly.com. The papers are both textured, and the cream coloured paper is shiny. I think it adds a rich looking touch.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Paula said...

This one is very pretty. I've not done a wedding one yet - not game enough!

Amie said...

lol...I enjoy the wedding cards, but I have to say, weddings and sympathy are the hardest, I think. How to you express sympathy enough, and how to you summerize Love in the form of a card?! lol I don't know...but I'm enjoying trying a few ideas! lol Thanks for visiting!