Friday, August 15, 2008


So I wanted a jewellry box type thing for my daughter, although she's too young for jewellry yet (she's even too young for the few buckles that she has!) But I had this box that my MIL gave me for my birthday last year, and it has these spots for pics in the top, and the top slides off the box so you can put whatever you want in there. Well, I got to thinking that it would be super cute to put in her bedroom. So I made this! The lettering is froma Cuttlebug alphabet set that mom has, she was trying out the dies and sent me one of each letter! I had used the little 'e' on a card not too long ago, so I used the capital
'E' here, but I think because of the lettering, it fits well and looks cute. I'm actually glad I didn't have the small 'e'. The dragonfly is a brad, as is the center of the flower that dots the 'i'. The sunflower I got at Dollarama, and it's on a piece of wire. I poked it through the paper like a brad. I think you could even remove the center and use a brad there instead, but the center is cute, as it's covered in microbeads. The stamp of the ladybug is borrowed from moms collection. And the paper is Kurio. I think it's pretty cute.
I'm working on a Thank You card for my great aunt, but I have a bundle of fuss in my arms that is my sick little girl, so that might have to wait until we get home tomorrow or the next day. No worries about Shaelin though. She is, no doubt, fussy, but it's just a little touch of a cold that's got her (and me) down. Not too bad to keep us from the cabin though. After all, this is the weekend when the men get to pull out their guns and test them out....and show off their manliness. Should be good times at the cabin.
Wish me luck. :)
Happy scrapping!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: