Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Paytn!


My friends little girl, Paytn, is 1 year old two weeks ago! haha and of course, (shock) I forgot. So we're going to see them again this weekend, so I made an extra special card. Extra special because it was SUPER fun to make! This design completely came from my own head, which makes me even more proud of it. Where to begin. The center of the flower was embossed with the swirl Cuttlebug folder. The petals are my own template, sanded around the edges. The four stamps are from moms collection, once again. (Love those stamps!) The bumblebee and the dragonfly both have papaer pieced wings that are made with velum to give them a see-through wing-like affect. The dragonfly's wings are layered twice and attached with a lilac brad. The butterfly's wings are also paper pieced, but it's wings are on handmade paper with sparkly swirls. The lettering is rub-ons, and I dotted the swirls to make it look like their flying. Oh, and the ladybug's back is also paper pieced. I love this card. Hope Paytn loves it too! It was so much fun! Gotta go...little 6 week fussbox in my arms!! :) Later all! xox Thanks for stopping by!
Amie ;o)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: