Monday, June 30, 2008

New stamp!


My Grandparents celebrated their 43rd Wedding Anniversary on Saturday, which really gave me a perfect opportunity to try out some of my new things! This shaker card was made with gold microbeads. The hearts are a Cuttlebug die cut, and I just love them! I walked past them in the store so many times, and finally got them when mom called to tell me she was buying some, and they were on sale, so of course, I got some too! lol You can see the stamp in the background of the shaker card...this is also a new stamp. I bought this at Michael's, and it's an Inkadinkado stamp. It was stamped, embossed in black, and then sponged with green, orange, pink and purple inks blended together. I love it, because it looks nice alone, but there are SO many ways to alter this stamp. It can become a circle design, a flower design, a smaller flower design, a petal, a leaf. It reminds me of Michael Strong's cloisonne stamps which are extremely versatille. I'll be using this stamp again in the future for paper piecing, already tried it and it looks great, I just need to play around with it some more. The Celebrate stamp is a Studio G stamp. The edges of the card are distressed with sandpaper, and then inked with boysenberry versa colour ink. The frame of the shaker is stamped with the same stamp as inside, and then embossed with gold powder. Not too bad, since I was just playing around at first!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: